Here is a short background on our history and ethos.
McCabe’s Coffee is based in NewtownMountKennedy, Co. Wicklow. It is a small, family run business that has built a reputation within the coffee industry in Ireland as a leading supplier to the wholesale and retail specialised coffee market. McCabe’s hand roast-ed coffee was voted Best Organic Coffee in Ireland in 2018 at the International Great Taste Awards and has been awarded a total of 11 awards in the last 4 years at this trusted and recognised International competition. We have been roasting our coffee in Co. Wicklow since 1997. Quality is vital to our ethos: quality of product and of service. We roast, then deliver our coffee within days to ensure that the customer receives the freshest flavour and highest quality. We focus on providing a top-quality product to our customers with attention to excellent personal service.
• We were the first Irish Coffee Roasters to offer a collection service to recycle every bag of coffee we supply to cafes, restaurants and businesses around Ireland in 2019. This service is not available in Ireland through general waste streams for any type of coffee bag.
• Supplying Ireland’s largest range of certified organic coffees, Fair-trade certified cof-fee and single origins from farmers we know.
• In 2020, all our retail tea and coffee bags will be made from 100% compostable ma-terials.
• Our take away cups are fully recyclable and made in Ireland.
• We fund Project 20/20 – a poverty reduction program developing a sustainable cof-fee plantation in Nepal.
• To reduce global warming, we have teamed up with Tree Nation to plant 1 tree for every 10 boxes of coffee we sell. Tree cover is particularly important between the tropics where our coffee is grown to reduce deforestation and increase bio-diversity